Work with us
We’re hiring! Check out our up-and-coming positions and get in touch.
Senior Digital Designer
You know your way around the Google, but you’d never have to Google "kerning"
Human insight is at the core of everything Meerkats does. We want to leave the world better than we found it. Everybody says it, but we actually mean it. We find effective solutions to business problems through strategy, creativity, design thinking and technology.
We are after a digital, self-starter who is enthusiastic about what they do and loves a good challenge. Technically, you’ll have a strong understanding of both UX and UI, branding, typography, colour and front-end capabilities.
You’ll act as a driving force for a range of digital projects, participating in both design thinking and execution. This includes UX workshops, prototypes, visual design and briefing in developers on your designs and functionailty.
What we are looking for:
- A creative thinker who has the ability to rationalise design concepts and deliver strong solutions to every brief.
- Exceptional digital design skills that can be applied to sitemaps, wireframes, responsive websites, landing pages, eDMs and digital banners.
- Strong experience of working with mobile, tablet, and desktop - all with a focus on user experience.
- High level of understanding of best practice UX & UI standards.
- Strong knowledge of accessibility level requirements and designing with WCAG, W3C in mind.
- An understanding in auditing, analysing, personas, user journeys, wireframing and testing.
- The ability to work independently and with others to meet project objectives, under the direction of a Design Director and Creative Director.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Versatility to work on different brands and projects simultaneously.
- Animation and motion design skills an advantage.
If you’ve got outstanding design and digital skills, combined with being a good team player, then you sound like just like the sort of person we’re looking for.
To be considered you will have:
- Minimum 6 years experience.
- A degree or equivalent in design/digital/UX.
- Strong portfolio with examples of various design projects and demonstration of your strategic thinking.
- Complete understanding and experience with industry standard software such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud (including XD), UX pin or similar.
- A good attitude.
- Australian residency.
Please respond with a link to your best work.